The ARTSTORAGE project intends to draw up and implement a business plan for an innovative model of the storage, archiving and digitisation of works of art by Slovenian (or other for that matter) artists who do not have such specialised archival and storage spaces – and we want to do it within the next 12 months.
The primary activity of the new business entity will be the storage, archiving and sale of works of art by contemporary Slovenian (and other) actors in the creative and cultural sector.
Secondary actions include: educational activities (lifelong learning), workshops with artists, open ateliers, round tables and discussions with gallerists, activities for schoolchildren, students, intergenerational cooperation, promotion of Slovenian contemporary art, and Maribor Art Fair entitled ArtMUS.
Project is co-financed by European regional development funds and Ministry of culture of Republic of Slovenia.
- creation of business model for startup company “ARTSTORAGE”
- identification of the economic/business operator, the future partner, for the acquisition of infrastructure and spatial capacities
- research of the needs of the cultural and creative sector in Slovenia for the preparation of storage facilities: size, method of storage, controlled environment, protection and protection, digitization and archiving
- creative connection between the economic operator who owns the unused storage facilities and the creative and cultural sector in need of such premises
- joint creation of ARTSTORAGE service and business premises
- The primary users of ARTSTORAGE are Slovenian young artists and contemporary artists of other generations.
- Secondary users of ARTSTORAGE are smaller galleries, private gallerists, collectors, companies, non-governmental organisations, individuals interested in the arts, and any general public or individual who wants to save their artwork or present it for evaluation.
- RESEARCH ON THE MARKET OF ART WORKS IN SLOVENIA
- COOPERATION WITH ECONOMIC PARTNERS
- PREPARING THE ARTSTORAGE MODEL BUSINESS PLAN
- EVALUATION OF THE MODEL
- COMMUNICATION WITH DIFFERENT AUDIENCES
- ARTSTORAGE online platform
- FB page
- press conferences
- promotional material
- communication plan
- presentations of the project at other national and international events
- THE ART FAIR artMUS 2020
The project directly addresses the need of the market: the storage of artwork by contemporary Slovenian artists outside the studio premises, in protected and controlled air-conditioned spaces, with the possibility of annual space rental, digitisation for archiving purposes and the possibility of sale within the ARTSTORAGE gallery activity, which will be part of the basic activities of future business model.
In addition to the basic warehousing and promotion program, artists would also be offered provenance of artwork and archiving with photo documentation and digitisation.
An additional activity of ARTSTORAGE will also be the logistic support, layouts, curation and creative materials (texts and projects with and for artists) needed for artistic hosting, sales or exhibitions.